Jeep Wrangler 4xes within the 2022 and 2023 mannequin years have been recalled for doubtlessly unhealthy battery packs, in response to paperwork filed with the Nationwide Freeway Visitors Security Administration.
In case you missed it:
So far as recollects go, this one sounds to be on the minor aspect of issues, although, like all recollects, needs to be remedied by homeowners at their first alternative. From the NHTSA paperwork:
Some 2022 – 2023 MY Jeep Wrangler Plug-In Hybrid Electrical Automobiles (“PHEV”) might have been constructed with incorrect fasteners securing the 200 amp fuse within the excessive voltage (“HV”) battery.
The suspect interval started on January 10, 2022, when incorrect fasteners securing the 200-amp fuse have been launched into car manufacturing, and ended on September 20, 2022, when the wrong fasteners have been now not used. The suspect inhabitants was decided utilizing car and provider manufacturing information.
Comparable automobiles not included on this recall have been constructed earlier than or after the suspect interval, have been included in 22V-768 (Z71), have been constructed with appropriate fasteners securing the 200 amp fuse, or weren’t PHEVs.
Normally extra attention-grabbing in recall experiences is the chronology, and this one isn’t any totally different:
• On February 2, 2023, the FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) Technical Security and Regulatory Compliance (“TSRC”) group acquired a report of a fuse melting within the HV battery of a 2022 MY Jeep Wrangler PHEV.
• On February 20, 2023, the FCA US TSRC group opened an investigation after receiving a second report of a fuse melting within the HV battery of a 2022 MY Jeep Wrangler PHEV.
• On March 2, 2023, FCA US TSRC acquired fuse tray and battery pack hint knowledge from the provider.
• On March 28, 2023, FCA US TSRC recognized extra automobiles affected by this subject.
• As of April 11, 2023, FCA US is conscious of zero buyer information, zero guarantee claims, and two subject experiences doubtlessly associated to this subject for all markets with dates of receipt starting from February 2, 2023 via February 20, 2023.
• As of April 11, 2023, FCA US will not be conscious of any accidents or accidents doubtlessly associated to this subject for all markets.
• On April 20, 2023, FCA US decided, via the Automobile Laws Committee, to conduct a voluntary security recall of the affected automobiles.
FCA says it’ll notify homeowners starting on June 16, and can treatment the issue by changing the fuse meeting or whole battery pack meeting if want be. Get your recollects executed.