Purple Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen prolonged his lead within the 2023 System 1 World Championship with a powerful drive on Sunday on the Miami Grand Prix. He began at ninth on the grid and ended up in first place.
Fellow Purple Bull driver and pole-sitter Sergio Perez completed in second place, roughly 5 seconds again, whereas Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso closed out the highest three positions by crossing the end line some 26 seconds behind the winner.
At the beginning of the race, Perez was joined by Alonso on the entrance of the grid and was quickly within the lead, whereas Alonso was pressured to carry off Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz. Additional down the sector, Verstappen shortly labored his method up and reached second after simply 15 laps.
2023 System 1 Miami Grand Prix
Perez made his first and solely pit cease on lap 20, and rejoined the race in fourth place. He then put up a sequence of quickest laps and was in second place when Alonso made his personal cease on lap 25. Now within the lead, Verstappen pushed onerous on his older tires to construct up a spot, whereas Perez managed his tires to make sure they’d be as much as scratch to final till the tip of the race.
Verstappen finally made his cease on lap 45, returning to the race in second place however only one.2 seconds behind Perez and with 12 laps remaining. Along with his contemporary tires and the usage of the Drag Discount System, Verstappen shortly handed his teammate on the following lap and managed to carry the lead till the end. The reigning champion additionally managed a quickest lap within the last stage to safe a bonus level.
Following the weekend’s motion, Verstappen’s tally within the Drivers’ Championship has grown to 119 factors. Perez is second with 105 factors and Alonso is third with 75 factors. Within the Constructors’ Championship, Purple Bull leads with 224 factors, versus the 102 of Aston Martin and 96 of Mercedes-Benz AMG. The subsequent race on the calendar is the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix at Italy’s Imola racetrack in two weeks.
2023 System 1 Miami Grand Prix – Picture credit score: Getty Pictures
Under are the complete outcomes from the 2023 System 1 Miami Grand Prix:
1) Max Verstappen, Purple Bull Racing
2) Sergio Perez, Purple Bull Racing +5.384 seconds
3) Fernando Alonso, Aston Martin +26.305 seconds
4) George Russell, Mercedes-Benz AMG +33.229 seconds
5) Carlos Sainz, Ferrari +42.511 seconds
6) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-Benz AMG +51.249 seconds
7) Charles Leclerc, Ferrari +52.988 seconds
8) Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri +55.670 seconds
9) Esteban Ocon, Alpine +58.123 seconds
10) Kevin Magnussen, Haas +62.945 seconds
11) Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri +64.309 seconds
12) Lance Stroll, Aston Martin +64.754 seconds
13) Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo +71.637 seconds
14) Alexander Albon, Williams +72.861 seconds
15) Nico Hulkenberg, Haas +74.950 seconds
16) Zhou Guanyu, Alfa Romeo +78.440 seconds
17) Lando Norris, McLaren +87.717 seconds
18) Nyck De Vries, AlphaTauri +88.949 seconds
19) Oscar Piastri, McLaren +1 lap
20) Logan Sargeant, Williams +1 lap